Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Style Delineator
Another test has been conducted on us which determines what our method of thinking is. This test is called the Gregorc Style Delineator. It asks us to rank, form 4 (most like ourself) and 1 (least like ourself), a list of 4 words. There are a total of 10 lists. These choices are ordered from a) Concrete sequential (CS), b) Abstract Sequential (AS), c) Abstract Random (AR), d) Concrete Random (CR). Then the result is calculated. My strongest learning style is Concrete random.

My scores:
CS: 27
AS:26
AR 19
CR: 28

Quoting form the site:
I find these facts congruent with me
  • Inspire others to take action
  • See many options and solutions
  • Contribute unusual and creative ideas
  • Often a different way to do things
  • Accept many different types of people
  • Think fast on their feet
  • Take risks
  • Using insight and instinct to solve problems
  • Working with general time frames
  • Using real world experiences to learn
  • Trying something themselves
  • Restrictions and limitations
  • Formal reports
  • Routines
  • Re-doing anything once it’s done
  • Keeping detailed records
  • Showing how they got an answer
  • Choosing only one answer
  • Having no options
  • "How much of this is really necessary?"

This would be over 90% of what the site listed.

I find that I fit surprisingly well in the Concrete Random. I, for one, already know that I am a really random person. A person who will just jump to do something. Moreover, I love to do things in a random order.

It is expected that my AS score to be low. However this is not the case. My AR yielded the lowest score. Thus I feel that to gain more from one way of thinking is takes away from all others, not only the opposite alone.

Thus we should balance our method of thinking. Thus we can be able to benefit under all conditions.

I also find that people like Daniel, Mint and Pang who are in the same catorization as me have some certain common interests.

In the end I find this test pretty accurate. However it will only work once. Another limitation is the level of language.

2 comments:

Peter Anthony @ SAS said...

Well done Maytee, a thoughtful response. You are right in your observation that we need to be balanced in our thinking styles.

Pang LoR said...

good to know that you're like me!!! CR people RULEZ!!!! however...no matter how i think..i couldnt find how we're alike..anyway...nice blog entry...have a nice holiday